The Zleby Chateau was originally founded as a Gothic fortress under the Lichtenburk family. The Zleby Chateau was rebuilt after the Hussite Wars in the late 15th century in the Renaissance style and would be reconstructed again in the Baroque style in the late 16th century. The last complete renovation was made in 1849-68 under the management of Karel Vincenc Auersperg. The chateau is home to historical relics and copies of relics from all over the Old World and also features an intriguing collection of leather wallpaper, painted glass windowpanes, old and intricate furniture.
Housing and utility premises of the castle are also very rare – little technological miracle in form of fully-equipped kitchen with adjoining kitchen premises, ingeniously designed sanitary facilities, or underground labyrinth of the old castle cellars, which offer an interesting excursion into every-day life at a castle.
The gallery at the top of the Great tower offers a beautiful view into the surrounding area, including a large English park of the castle. The romantic park with the river Doubrava tempts the visitors to a pleasant walk, relax or picnic occassions in the nature with the marvellous castle nearby.