Church of Our Lady Victorious
The Church of Our Lady Victorious is "home" of the Infant Jesus of Prague (known as Bambino di Praga or Pražské jezulátko in Czech). Thousands of people from all Christian world are coming here every year to pray, to ask for help or to be cured. The church is situated at the foot of the Prague castle.
The wax statue of the Infant Jesus of Prague comes from Spain, thanks to Spanish duchess Maria Manrique de Lara who got married to a Czech nobleman. In 1628 her daughter donated the statue to the convent of Barefoot Carmelites at the Church of Our Lady Victorious.
The statue of the Infant Jesus is nearly 50 centimeters tall, its one hand is extended in blessing and the second holds the miniature orb. The Infant Jesus has about 100 robes - the main colours are white, purple, red and green. His robe is changed several times a year according to the liturgical season. Some robes are decorated with pearls, gold and diamonds; others come from far countries as China or Vietnam.
There is also a small museum of religious objects and the robes of the Infant Jesus. The golden crown worn by the Infant Jesus now was donated by Pope Benedict XVI in 2009..