Old Town Hall
Old Town Hall is undoubtedly a symbol of Prague city. Together with its astronomical clock (in Czech: orloj) is considered the most visited sight in Prague and a characteristic dominant of the Old Town. The construction of this beautiful building started in 1338 during the reign of Charles IV.
Due to its continuous expansions the Old Town Hall represents a mix of Gothic and Renaissance style. The town hall was seriously damaged during the Second World War and the destroyed part of the building was never restored again.
The 69,5 m tall Town Hall Tower with the astronomical clock is opened for tourists and offers one of the most amazing views of Prague.
Every hour from 9 in the morning till 11 at night the visitors of Prague can admire allegorical figures set in motion with the skeleton striking the time. The astronomical clock is richly decorated and its mechanism, older then 600 years, is still functional.